Northern Ireland Fishery Harbour Authority
Harbour Master - Mr John Smyth
Telephone: 028 4484 1291
Mobile: 079 9064 8274
Notice to Mariners
At the heart of Ardglass is one of Northern Ireland's main fishing harbours - home port to over 30 fishing vessels and main hub for Northern Ireland’s pelagic fish processing industry.
While this natural deep water harbour has been used for over 3,000, years construction of the current port began in the early 19th Century. An extension was begun in the 1830s but disaster occurred in 1838 when the new pier and lighthouse felt the brunt of a storm and fell into the harbour.
After many years the pier was rebuilt and was extended again in the late 20th Century. Considerable development of the harbour has taken place in recent years with the construction of a new fishmarket and delivery of new ice making plant.
Ardglass also has an attractive marina with approximately 80 berths which are used by both local and visiting yachts.